1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with size, when using DVD2AVI

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Tass, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Tass

Tass Member

I have come up with a problem, when ripping using DVD2AVI. I have followed the guidelines to the letter, using DVD2AVI and TMPGEnd and get the avi file, which plays fine. The problem I'm having, is with the size. When ripping a 25-min, 850MB Friends episode, the resulting avi file is 450MB. I would like to make VCDs of various DVDs of mine, but am worried about the size. Will a 6GB VOB only come down to 3GB? Is there something else I can use, or different settings I can try?

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

That doesnt sound that far out. Try using DivX as the compression tool and you should be left with a far smaller file size ad similar quality.

3. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

Well, if you are trying to make a vcd, then it becomes very simple...80min/700mb cdr will hold 80 minutes of video(vcd). Now when you encode the mpeg, the file size according to your pc will be 800+ meg..don't worry, it will end up fitting on the 700mb cdr (due to the fact video uses mode x2a).