1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Slayers, any help appreciated?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by punkinguk, Jan 15, 2004.

1. punkinguk

punkinguk Member

I've been trying to upgrade the bios but I get either an error or it locks up. The error is
    'file size error'
    or it locks up when it says 'Erasing'.

Any ideas how I can upgrade the bios?

Col

2. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

your choosing the wrong acton on the slayers options choose the appropriate file for your chip
    what modchip have you got?

3. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

also you can fry your modchip if you mess with that and you don't know what your doin

4. punkinguk

punkinguk Member

I have an Executer2 chip. The guy who pu it in said I could upgrade with the M7 bios. When I run BiosCheck I get the following info:

Chiptype: TSOP Reflashed (Winbond W49F020)

512k BIOSES:
    1. Bios > UNKNOWN (2845317784)
    2. Bios > UNKNOWN (2845317784)

256k BIOSES:
    1. Bios > UNKNOWN (4199653489)
    2. Bios > UNKNOWN (4199653489)
    3. Bios > UNKNOWN (4199653489)
    4. Bios > UNKNOWN (4199653489)

I'm Using Evo-x:1.8.3752 When I did a back up of my bios it looked like this
    bios.bin 1.00meg
    disk.bin 512k
    eeprom 256k

The reason I want to upgrade is that I can't get emulaters like xsnes9x (latest version) or surreal64 to run. I've tried patching them to retail but they still don't work.

thanks
    Col.

5. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

you should put the right bios on it i used a x24977 with my xecutor 2 chip and the size i used was 256k i think most do for reflash but i notice you have an old evolution dashboard you should try downloading slayers auto installer 2.5 and upgrade and update you apps and stuff or if you know how to ftp the new evolution maybe choose that way

Last edited: Jan 16, 2004
  6. punkinguk

punkinguk Member

I've updated the dashboard and all my apps are pretty much up to date anyway. I've still no luck with the bios though. It should be the M7 256k version but it just hangs up on erasing.

I've been told that I cannot upgrade using evox that I have to use raincoat? But I thought that was a Linex software?

Col.

7. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

i have the same chip in my kids xbox and update via ftp by putting the bios in the bios folder on the xbox c: also i configured my exox.ini file so it has a menu with flash bios option (slayers do not do this) but the other evox does
    your evox is old because it says evox 3752
    were on 3935 now but still that doesn't mean you cant upgrade
    have you tried doing it via ftp? try the x2 bios not evox m7 it may be the case try x24977 256 like i say it may be the bios your trying to use is messed up if it doesnt work then you may have to use a programmer to fix it

8. punkinguk

punkinguk Member

I've upgraded the dash to 3935, but as to your other point I don't have a bios folder on my C drive. Should I create one? How do I configure my exox.ini file so it has a menu with flash bios option?
    Sorry for being so dumb about this

9. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

Team Xecuter Presents

FlashBIOS (Based on Linux Cromwell v2.27 Dev)
    27th October 2003

FlashBIOS (Cromwell) is a customized version of the Cromwell bios for distribution with the Xecuter2 modchip,
    it has been changed to incorporate a modchip flashing feature that requires a CD with BIOS.BIN to be inserted
    in the XBOX's DVD-ROM drive. Once a CD is inserted into the drive the bios looks for a BIOS.BIN file and if it
    is found it will flash this onto the modchip (provided it has flash support in the bios for the modchip type).

10. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

first of all you need to ftp to your xbox and add the folder Bios to your c: drive
    then add the bios you want to use in that folder
    and if you had the new dashboard on you should have the option in the utilities menu? cause it's there i've read it myself