1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Smartbuy disc

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by HCl, Dec 18, 2002.

1. HCl

HCl Guest

Hi all, based on feedbacks on this forum, it seems that Smartbuy CDRs are pretty trustable. However for my case they give quite a lot of problem, esp when I try to CD copy a VCD. The copied video becomes corrupted and sometimes unreadable.

The disc I am using is Smartbuy Gold 24x:-
    Manufacturer: Prodisc
    Media Code: 97m32s19f
    Dye Type: 9

The problem stays even when I read and write at low speeds like 4x. The drive I am using is Samsung 48/16/48 and it works well with other CDRs, so I assume it is not the problem of the drive.

Does anyone has similar encounter with Smartbuy discs? What could be the possible causes of the problem?

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

What is your DVD player and what media have you had better success?

3. HCl

HCl Guest

I use a Panasonic standalone VCD player and it plays the CDR which comes along with my burner pretty well. Its manufactured by Plasmon, which I have never heard before.

Tried Smartbuy 48x today, the resulting video is playable but the images are jerky with occasional errors. End up having more coasters, and I still dunno where the problem lies.