1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Sony DRX 710UL

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by bblinn, Mar 31, 2005.

1. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@bblinn - cool. it would be nice to get your DMA sorted on your Matsushita (can never spell that). Nice choice the Verbs, seem to match the Sony well.

2. sandpaper

sandpaper Guest

Hi,

I think the DMA is only off on the CD-burner, ie. the drive I am reading from? The SONY DVD-burner I am copying to is external and things go wrong when actually burning?

How do I change the DMA to on anyway as I assume it should be?

So, whats the InCD4 and how does it make a difference?

And finally, sorry for my ignorance, but what is CMC media, whats so bad about it?

Thanks for the help!

3. creaky

4. sandpaper

sandpaper Guest

Hi

Thanks again. I have removed the InCD but there is also a program called InCD Eastwrite Reader, should I also remove this?

Can you tell me how I put the DMA onto that drive please?

I reckon I'm going to be pretty narked off soon - I have had problems with my older SONY player with quite a bit of media (which was annoying as it matched all my other seperates!) so I purchased a new JVC unit last weekend. Some DVDs played on the SONY, others didn't. The JVC being new plays everything (even though they advertise it as DVD- and don't mention DVD+ which is odd?!)

Anyway, if I now go to use more expensive blank DVDs, like the ones suggested, whats the betting they would have played on my old SONY player anyway, and I didn't need to purchase the new JVC...DOH!!!!

5. creaky

re InCD Easywrite Reader - i think so, yes.

as for DMA do a search on here for DMA, you need to delete the primary & secondary ide channel, or might as well do all from 'ide/ata/atapi controllers'. reboot and the system will re-add them. just check theyre DMA'd again after.... in fact do a search for DMA then it'll make more sense than me explaining badly..