1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with sound

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Shelly2Bt, Dec 14, 2001.

1. cindy22

cindy22 Guest

hi, I have run my audio through VirtualDub and I can now hear the sound. The problem that I am running into is that the sound is no longer in perfect sync with the video. Is there a way to correct this problem?

2. jarhead86

jarhead86 Member

drd, thanks for the help. I tried what worked for shelly and used the file saved as .wav from virtual dub for tmpgenc, but that didn't work. One thing about virtual dub. When i loaded the movie into virtual dub, a message came up that said "Virtual dub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 59633 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate : 139.8 +/- 33.2 kbps)" What is this really talking about and saying? What does it mean? And now i have one more question about azid. I went to the site and successfully downloaded it. But when i ran the exe file, a DOS prompt comes up for a split second, and then leaves, and the program never opens. I tried it several times, all but the same happened.
    Help would be greatly appreciated.
    -jarhead862

P.S. - do all divx SCREENER rips have AC3 audio formats? my guess is yes considering movie theaters have surround sound, but am i wrong?

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I added a guide for converting AC3 audio to WAV in order to convert DivX files to SVCD/VCD yesterday -- you can find it from VCD/SVCD forum.

And Azid is a commandline tool, so doubleclicking wont do any good, you need to open the command prompt in order to use it.

4. jarhead86

jarhead86 Member

i'm trying to downmix ac3's into wavs with azid, but it's a command line program and nothing tells me anything about opening. I know this may sound stupid but i'm a noob so here it is. How do i open azid? How do i run it so i can type in a command? And please, in english for retards like me would be appreciated.
    -thanks a lot

5. sokristi

sokristi Guest

Suggest you try out software like Headac3he. It provides a GUI for converting AC3 to Wav, using Azid. I'm not sure if it can be found at this site, but I'm sure it can be found at doom9.

6. jarhead86

jarhead86 Member

yeah i know headac3he is a better and easier program to use, but when i downloaded it, it didn't work from any site i tried it from. When i used winzip and/or winace to extract, i just got an error message that said "..... could not be extracted properly," and it never worked. So i would appreciate if someone could tell me where else i can download headache or hoaw to use/open azid

7. dRD

jarhead86: As the extension of the file might suggest to you, it is compressed with RAR. Use google and download the latest WinRAR in order to open the file. RAR is used extremely widely, being probably the second most common compression format just after ZIP (and RAR is better actually).

8. jarhead86

jarhead86 Member

thanks drd

I have one quick question just out of curiosity.
    Do all divx SCREENER rips have ac3 audio format because there's surround-a-sound at movie theaters?

-jarhead862

9. dRD

10. jarhead86

jarhead86 Member

oh, well on all of my regular dvd rips, the sound is supported, but on the SCREENER ones like : Lord of the rings, and black hawk down, the sound is in ac3 format. Well, i have one question about headac3he. I should put the destination format to .wav, and then it asks me for bit. 16 bit int
    24 bit int
    32 bit int
    32 bit float
    what does this mean, and which one should i use?
    -thanks,
    jarhead862

11. caulfield

caulfield Member

drd, u seemt o be the ripping god;-) could u help me please.

i had an avi file which simply wouldn't open, so i downaloded divx 2.0. the file opens, the video palys but there is no sound. i would alos like to convert this file to mpeg and then burn it. could u please help?

thank u