1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem With spliting MPG's using DVtool

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Grezalak, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Grezalak

Grezalak Member

I am new to the game so forgive me if this sounds foolish. I have a fully working mpg that i converted from an avi, but it is too big to fit on a CD. I tried to use DV split and it did split the file, but the 2nd half is not recognized as a VCD file. The first half burns just dandy and can be played by both DVD players and my comp, but the 2nd half doesnt work at all. I couldnt figure out how to split it with TMPEG so DV tool is all ive tried. Thanks in advance!

2. Messa

Messa Member

Try using the MPEG tools section in TmpGenc to edit the file, dont think it will work to be honest, sounds like its corrupt.
    Have you still got the original AVI?

3. Grezalak

Grezalak Member

yeah that didnt work for me, Going to try again with a different AVI tonight and see if the same thing happens.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Use DVD2SVCD in future and that will automatically split when its finished encoding!!