1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with starting uo my PSP

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by broc455, May 13, 2007.

1. broc455

broc455 Regular member

ok i have this problem with my PSP and it doesn't load my opening thing when u start up my PSP just flickers two shades of black and thing goes straight to the main thing. But i know what your thinking "has he just put it on standby" well to save u the time asking that no it is not on standby.

2. silentdan

silentdan Member

Let me get this strait are you saying that your PSP boots strait into the XMB without the Sony logo at start up.If so then you must have a messed up opening.rco file in your vsh/resource folder.Did you do anything prior to this problem and if you did than try to retrace your steps.

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  3. broc455

broc455 Regular member

yer well come to mension it i tried to change my opening.rco and i changed it to some mortal combat thingo but when i noticed that it wasn't working i went into my backup flash and replaced it. but it still doesn't work. could my opening.rco be currupt?

4. silentdan

silentdan Member

So if you have a backup of the original opening.rco then replace the bad one for the original and you should be fine.Also every time you replace your opening.rco file you will loose psone capability on your psp.There is a tutorial on how to fix that though but be careful when you mess around with your flash0 cause you can brick your psp if you dont know what you are doing.

5. broc455

broc455 Regular member

ok then but i think even the one in my flash0 migh be currupt because i've already tried that. and also i always replace the files i put in my flash0 so doesn't that like do nothin to ur Psone capacity oh and also culd u send me ur opening rco