1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with SubRip

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Dudley316, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Dudley316

Dudley316 Member

I've been trying to add subtitles to some of my DivX movies since I have several Japanese movies on DVD. So I found out about SubRip and I downloaded that from the software section, but after installing it, it crashes when I try to open. I tried un-installing and re-installing (several times), but I can never get it to open. Any ideas? Or alternative programs I could use?

2. Dudley316

Dudley316 Member

Well ok, I downloaded SubRip 0.97 instead, and it worked fine, I opened it and ripped the subtitles successfully.

Now I have "MovieName.avi" and "MovieName.sub" (I also tried .srt) both in the same directory, but I can't seem to get the subtitles to play when I watch the movie in Windows Media Player. Is there anyway to do this with a plug-in or something? I'd prefer if I didn't have to get a different movie player to watch my subtitles movies.

3. Lu523

Lu523 Member

I am having the same problem. It worked fine on my old system. I upgraded to a 3.0GHz P4 now it won't run. I like the other version better.