1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with subtitles, VOB files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by naggy, Feb 1, 2005.

1. naggy

naggy Member

I've got City of God in VOB files(and bup,ifo)and it's a Brazilian film (a bloody good one as well). The problem is that the only subtitles are Danish and Swedish. Now since I don´t speak Danish, Swedish or Brazilian, I have a problem.

Where can I get/create/add English (or Icelandic, didn´t think so)subtitles with the VOB files?

2. naggy

naggy Member

C'mon people. Boost

3. naggy

naggy Member

C'mon people. Boost

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Do you know how to search?

Here's what I turned up with a simple google search ("city of god" in quotes, for a string, plus the keywords "english" and "subtitles"):

http://subtitles.images.o2.cz/3647/city+of+god.html

Sheesh! Impatient as all getout, and it took me five seconds to find it. Of course, you'll have to learn how to use them.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

naggy,

I'm not sure you understand the word "patience." When you want something for free, you wait quietly until we have time for you - We come here on our free time and we don't have time for your "Attitude" when we're on our "down time."

NOW, we could answer your question but I know that you'd want to find it yourself rather than have someone just hand it to you, soooo, I'll try to help you around our rather confusing "Search" feature so you can learn how it's done. Next time, you'll have it down pat . . ., OK ? Kweel . . . .

Here at AfterDawn we have a super neat tool called a "Search" engine. It's loaded with stuff that covers your question -
    Here, I'll show you how to use it -
    Now the following may seem confusing so stick with me, ~ ~> There is a box at the top of each and every page that is empty and has by it the word "Search." By typing in a request, in your case, " create subtitles " - It should give you some "Hit's" from "Goggle" and AfterDawn for helpful programs designed to aid you with the work you're trying to do. Under that, you'll see different threads throughout our forum that may answer in greater detail questions that you may have dealing with your project. Answers to questions from people who are doing the same thing as you or something very similar. You'll find lots you can use, some stuff you cannot :<(- Take a lQQk around and see if something applies or not.
    You still with me ? Good !
    Now, after you've arrived at that page, if you can't find what you want (and that's unlikely), then, under the word "Forum" and "Forum Search," in some very small print, you'll see "Search options" then "Site-wide search" in really tiny print. Ya still with me ? Anyway, by "clicking" on that "Site-wide search", you'll get a whole ton of Guides and related information about your topic, " create subtitles ". It requires you to ask a question and some mousie clicks on your part but now that you know where things are, it s/b pretty easy to do and we do have a lot of information for you :)

Now that you see how it's done, I'll show you what I found in just a few seconds ~

This is an answer to a question exactly like yours posted by the founder of aD. You just cannot get it from a better source -

Pete

6. naggy

naggy Member

First of all, I'm sorry about the double boost thing, that was just unintentional. I clicked back and thought the first "POST" didn´t get through. You with me? KEEWL

Now, I've already started searching, but I guess there are more things that have to be taken into consideration.

I want also to burn it as VOB,BUP,IFO files, and watch it in my DVD player(the one where you select DVD-VIDEO in NERO and C/P all the files in VIDEO_TS and then you get the menu up and the whole package), not convert it to AVI/VCD.
    Possibly get "English" in the menu under subtitles.

Anyway thx, and sry for that arrogant move

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

If you had bothered to download the proggys you would see that that's what we are dealing with. Just because the title contains the name AVI doesn't mean it won't work. What you want to do isn't a one-step process where you insert the files, select the language of choice and click a single button. You want to have the final product easy and it will be BUT you actually have to follow the directions I posted for you -