1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Swap.......kinda the unanswerable question in my house!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by YuNg1, Mar 18, 2004.

1. YuNg1

YuNg1 Guest

Ok......so I have a flip top and Swap Magic 2.0. I have had my PS2 repaired 2 times through Playstation's Warranty System by their technicians. The code on the label from the repair center starts with *UH-*.
    The problem I am getting is that I can load any CD-R game I with Swap Magic 2.0 CD Disk.....but I have no Swap Magic DVD Disk, so I have been using CogSwap that I got from my neighbor and I got one game to actually boot up (Socom II) but it wouldn't leave the front menu in the game. I tried using a Swap Magic 3.0 DVD Disk that another friend of mine had to load a DVD Backup and the Swap Magic disk would not even load at all, it just spun and went to the browser screen over and over. I have quiet a few DVD Backups, but I can't play any of them and I need some help. Offer some knowledge to a poor noobie!

2. MrToast

MrToast Guest

sounds like they updated your board and your now sol

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yep, break down and buy a swap magic 2.0 dvd and 3.2 cd and all your troubles will be solved.

4. Sinasta

Sinasta Member

you need to purchase the REAL swap magic dvd disc "2.0" my friend but Ill tell you this, the SM dvd disc has it flaws for some backups plays funny but if you look at the ps2ownz.com fourms, you can see the someone has developed a working swap magic 3 dvd disc that has the capablities of the cd version. and you can use a ps2 dvd game as a toc to get the unplayable dvd backups to play correctly. thats how I got my Manhunt and True Crime to play flawlessly with out skipping in which I thought it was a bad burn but it wasnt. just the toc had to be refreshed with a bigger one. I used metal gear solid 2 as my toc.

as far as cds and rips, purchase the newer swap magic 3 cd.