1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Swap Magic 3.0 CD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by brianbb, Jan 20, 2004.

1. brianbb

brianbb Member

I have swap magic 3.0 CD and just for testing I copied SSX. I use a slide card to open the tray, and I have already mastered how to do that. The problem, however, is with the Swap Magic CD or my PS2. Not sure.

Anyways, when I load the Swap magic into the tray and shut it, then it goes to the menu. I make sure I put video at NTSC, then I press X to boot the swap magic cd up. Right when I do that, the screen turns red and but you can still see the Title "Swap Magic." Strange thing is, the "Insert Disc" screen never seems to show up no matter what. Can someone please help me with this? If you have AIM or MSN please help.

I am new at this and just got my stuff today. Thanks!

2. burb

burb Member

If it helps (which it wont) I have the same problem. I've tried various Media types, but for some reason people on here wont help me!

3. Xian

Xian Regular member

The Swap Magic 3.0 CD has problems with v9 and v10 PS2s but the DVD works fine. Check the version of your PS2, more that likely that is your problem especially since you stated that you just got it. I just saw that there is a new Swap Magic 3.0 version that supposed to work with the v9s and v10s on www.ps2ownz.com

4. burb

burb Member

So theroetically i should'nt have any problems with my Version 7 PS2?

5. daBoy

daBoy Member

Version 3 should not have any problems with V7 users.

6. burb

burb Member

Any idea what my problem is then? It plays DVD's fine, but my backed up CDR wont work at all.....just gives me a red screen without even thinking about it!

Thanks guys

7. brianbb

brianbb Member

Ya I bought my PS2 nearly when it came out, around 2001 I believe. So it can't be a v9 or 10.