1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Swap Magic 3.8

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by iceman195, Aug 10, 2011.

1. iceman195

iceman195 Member

I have a SCPH-50001/N NTSC PS2, I'm using Swap Magic 3.8 CODER and this is the problem;

1.I boot the Swap Magic DVD disk
    2.I swap my burned import game at the correct time(burned with DVDDecrypter at x4 and lower speeds)
    3.I select "normal" than "ntsc"
    4.I hear a quiet ticking(probably just the disk drive thinking)
    5.Then it goes back to the PS2 Browser and the red screen comes up saying that i need to use a PS2 disk.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. They are Brand NEW disks and my laser is clean.

I'm using a Maxell DVD-RW 4.7gb single layer disk. Thanks.

2. Stumped75

Stumped75 Member

I'm getting the same problem even with loading from USB. Unlike others I'm not going to tell you to check out Swapmagic's site (that's about as usefull as an udder on a bull.) On monday I'm going to talk to the vendor that I purchases mine from. Luckly he's right in my town. When I find out more I'll post for you.

EDIT - I have 3.8 also and SPCH-39001 Date code 2D (disks Philips 4.7 & Alcohol 120% with Playstation 2 setting for CD and Custom for DVD.)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  3. iceman195

iceman195 Member

To do what I am going to tell you, you will need:
    1.A FAT32 formatted flash drive
    2.A Memory Card (I used a blank one just in case but I think that it requires 3-4Mb)

What I did to fix my problem was to download FreeMCboot noobie package at http://freemcboot.info/noobie.html and follow the instructions. After you do that I recommend that you read the instructions on how to configure FreeMCboot so you know what you are working with. Before you burn your game (I hope that it was a backup that you own...) you will need to patch the image file with ESR Disk Patcher: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WOYDPPGD.

If there is any step that I missed or a problem that you are having just post telling me what it is. Hope I helped.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  4. Stumped75

Stumped75 Member

Gave up trying to figure it out and just went and had a Mobo4 chip installed. Even the retailer had no idea why it wasn't working. Swap magic wouldn't even let me boot from USB