1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Swapmagic DVD

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Vanrius, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Vanrius

Vanrius Guest

Hey. I just received Swapmagic 3.6 and the fliptop that came with it. Original PS2 games, PS1 games, DVD Movies, and the Swapmagic CD all work fine. But the Swapmagic DVD only worked the first time I tried it. Now the Swapmagic DVD won't even load. I'll put in the Swapmagic DVD, reset the PS2. It will go past the ps2 intro screen then stay black. I can hear the disc as if its speeding up, then slowing down, then speeding up again. You can hear that continously until you shut it off or reset.
    I've heard some stories on these boards where the copy of swapmagic they got was corrupt and the label on the disc was black and white, and chipped etc.. Mines both =( Not sure if thats a problem, but the picture of the Swapmagic disc when I ordered from www.modchipstore.com looked completely different then what I received. It wasnt wrapped or anything either, just a tall black dual side case that was already opened. Again, not sure if Swapmagic 3.6 can come with black and white disc so just checking. If theres an error on my part any help would be appreciated. Thanks =)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2007
  2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

If all other dvd games are working properly, then the problem is most likely with the swap magic disk, try cleaning your laser lense.