1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Swapmagic + USB flash drive and ELF applications

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by nemrtvy, Jan 8, 2007.

1. nemrtvy

nemrtvy Member

Hello,

I have tried to run ELF application from 2 different USB flash drives using PS2 slim v15 and Swapmagic 3.6 plus. With both of them it freezes showing Swapmagic 3.6+ screen.

I have tried step-by-step tutorial and created directory /SWAPMAGIC and also renamed various applications to SWAPMAGIC.ELF. With every application it does the same: it freezes. I have tried two different flash drive brands and sizes but without any difference.

Do you have any tips what to do?

Thank you.

2. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

How exactly are you trying to boot it.

You create the folder SWAPMAGIC, then put the elf file you are trying to boot in that folder while renaming it "SWAPMAGIC.ELF". Then stick the usbstick in the ps2 and turn it on with swap magic in right?

If so, the only thing I can think of is try another brand usb stick :( I use rundisk brand and works prefect.
    You can also try another elf file.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  3. nemrtvy

nemrtvy Member

Yes, this is what I do:

1. format USB flash drive
    2. create directory called SWAPMAGIC
    3. copy ELF application to USB flash drive's SWAPMAGIC directory
    4. rename ELF application to SWAPMAGIC.ELF
    5. put USB flash stick into PS2slim v15
    6. put Magicswap 3.6+ DVD into ps2slim
    7. switch on PS2slim

It starts reading Magicswap DVD and then it freezes on loading screen.

I have tried several ELF application, could you please send me link to 100% working ELF application so I can try it?

Thank you

4. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

Goto sksapps.com And grab usbadvance, or hdloader or ulunchelf, they definately work.

If it doesnt load though, then the usbstick is the only thing I can think of. Try using another usbport to.

5. ssj4champ

ssj4champ Member

hey

i recommend that u create a memory card exploit wif ulaunchelf... and then u can use ulaunchelf to read the usb drive to copy the elfs to the memory card. I recommend that u use a cd to install the exploit first before...

go to www.exploitstation.com and go into tutorials and it shows u there how to create an exploit cd...

hav fun lol

ssj4champ

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  6. nemrtvy

nemrtvy Member

Thank you, I will definitely try this.

Fero

7. jonesmt

jonesmt Member

I know that this subject has been closed, but I need to point this small little detail out that might be of some use.

Nemrtvy, the problem that you are having with the USB port for the PS2 Slim Light Silver Version isn't the USB flash drive at all, it is the PS2's USB Driver, on both ports. The reason why is because I am having a similar problem, but not with any method you are mentioning. When I load ANY type of PS2 game, hook up a Flash Drive (I have tried all 8 different ones that I have), then turn the PS2 on, the PS2 loads the game, but fails to go any further, by means of just having the screen staying black.

Now, when take the Flash Drives out of the PS2, reboot the PS2, it will then work properly. This problem, unfortianitly, is a mechanical error.. just like the same error that Sony has made with it's inability to play certian PS2 and PS1 games. I'm not entirely sure if Sony knows about this problem, but they sure will find out shortly - as soon as I return it to get repaired.. Always make sure you have the full year warrenty with any consoles you buy ^.^