1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with the copy

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ash1277, Feb 21, 2005.

1. ash1277

ash1277 Member

I have copied a game and swap magic works. I go to the intro/credit, however it stops there and I cannot see the intro movie; therefore, does not go to the title screen as well.
    Let me know what the experts know.
    Thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

need a bit more info or noone will be able to help you.
    Like which game is it, what type of media you use, and what program you burned it with.
    I am sure someone will be able to help you then.

3. ash1277

ash1277 Member

I'm copying Drakengard, PS2. DVD-R
    Thanks

4. steimy

steimy Active member

I have not copied that game myself. But i did have a few that locked up at the loading screen. Do you have the older Swap Magic version 3.0 i think, or the new one version 3.3? I know with my older version when that happened i needed to use DVD Loader to load the game (true crime-streets of LA). Then it would get past the load screen.
    Although True Crime is on the list of games that needs it http://www.swapmagicfix.com/
    but Drakengard is not.

5. ash1277

ash1277 Member

I`m using 3.0. What is a DVD loader?

6. steimy

steimy Active member

It is a seperate program the helps load games that will not load with just swap magic alone. I needed it to load up True Crimes that locked up during the start of the game.
    You download DVD Loader V7, i would give you a link but can't get the search to work.
    burn it to a DVD
    You put in swap magic then when it asks for a disc you swap for DVD Loader, then when it askes for a disc swap for your backup. At least i think that's how it worked, it has been a while since i needed it because the games i needed it for load up fine with the new swap magic 3.3 i bought.