1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with the resolution

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by luiggy77, Jul 14, 2007.

1. luiggy77

luiggy77 Member

Hi guys...i want to apology first if this subject doesn't belong here..
    I bought yesterday the game Rainbow 6 vegas for ps3 but the resolution in my tv looks terrible...i have a sony bravia hdtv and the standard cables that it came with the ps3...but in the back of the game says that is supported for hd video output 720p,1080i.
    The game looks really dark on my tv even if a fix the brightness and contrast.So do i need to buy the HDMI cable for me to enjoy the game the way is suppose to be or there is anything else i can do..?
    Thanks

2. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

The regular cables (that is if they have three outputs, yellow red white) you have only support up to 480i--so yes, if you want to play the game like the developers intended, buy either some component cables or an HDMI cable, but make sure your TV can support it first.

3. megsy_77

megsy_77 Member

also although it says it runs on 1080i it looks really crap i use a hdmi cable and all my games look fantastic except rainbow 6 it looks as if its a ps2 game all blurdy i have it for th 360 n looks much better so after sulking for a while about how crap it looked i changed it to 720 resolution n now it matches the 360 graphics so really it aint 1080 ready cos it loks really crappy give it a go on your tv n let me know how it looks please cos it jut mite be my tv although others have had same problem that ive read up :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  4. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

You have to go to the setting in the PS3 (i think its the display menu) and uncheck the 720p and 1080p boxes so thet it will run @ 10801. This is the same with Ninja Gaiden, it says in the back of the game that it will run at 720p and 1080i and 1080p but if you run the game it defaults to 720p. I had to go back and un-check the 720p box so it will play @ 1080i. To be honest there no difference that I could notice. I use HDMI cables also and I have a Sony HDTV wega. If you want to know if your game is running at 720p or 1080i I press the display button on my remote and it tells me what resolution I am currently running the game at :)
    If your TV does not support 1080p it should be a none issue.