1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with the samsung ms28!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mikald79, Apr 3, 2007.

1. mikald79

mikald79 Guest

flashed it with the xtrmem52.a worked fine, now it seems to be having trouble with reading burned discs, i know the discs are fine cuz i run them on my other 360......
    but the samsung drive makes a funny noise while running, almost like somethin is rattlin or something....and it also started to smell funny( like burning) and when i took the disc out it was like it burnt the disc alil bit?? any thoughts on this

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

sounds like there is a problem with the 360 not the firmware. i would open it up to try to see what is wroong with it

3. Anabi_Ltd

Anabi_Ltd Regular member

Ms28 has some reading problem with 5.2....thats true according to my experience,,,,
    but stillcant figure the way out ..atleast there should be a fix on 5.2 in that case..

wat ya'll think?>??

4. theridges

theridges Guest

yea thats a 360 issue nothing to do with firmware...
    the ms28's i have flashed have had no problems at all :)

5. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

no problem here with my ms28 and FW5.2 either!

6. mikald79

mikald79 Guest

got another one today, gonna use 5.2 and its another ms28....ill letcha guys know how it goes .

7. Anabi_Ltd

Anabi_Ltd Regular member

ya that will be helpfull....

but can it be the method...which gives this problem ,,cause i use the soldier method.

wat abt u guyz???

8. mikald79

mikald79 Guest

i do no soldering......i have ms 28, version A, which means i have to use 5.2A correct? now when im selecting the drive speed which is the best to select A B C or D? cuz i was reading other forums and it seems that its the discs themselves that cause the dirty disc errror, and it might be an issue with which speed to choose ABC or D? i selected A last time .....anyone have any thoughts on this?

9. theridges

theridges Guest

i choose 5.2C on all the drives i flash and have had no problem....
    and what r u talking about the drive speed is you flash 5.2a then thats the drivespeed if you choose 5.2c then you will use that drive speed...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2007
  10. Azrea1

Azrea1 Regular member

i flased my new ms 28 qith 5.2a and wroks perfect, via sata card makes it very easy, i would strongly recomend getting 1 if u plan on flashing a ms 28, not worth risking a 360 on the 2 wire trick, when the careds less then 15$

and for the speeds look at the readme, i use olny verbs so i run my games at 12x (5.2a) i would suggest that if u plan on using verbs unless u dont like a slightly nosie drive

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  11. mikald79

mikald79 Guest

when selecting the firmware to flash the drive, u have 52a52b52c, and 52d, how do u know which one to select? ( lookin at the version letter on ur xbox dvd drive right?)

12. mikald79

mikald79 Guest

ahh the problem is most likely that im usein shit ass discs? im using 2.4x memorex dl.....and my drive speed is set to A , so perhaps thats the problem

13. theridges

theridges Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2007
  14. Azrea1

Azrea1 Regular member

yep heres the differences between a.b.c.d even though its in the f/w readme ><
    FOr Xtreme 5.2A backup Read Speed is always same as original game disks 12x. Original discs unaffected

FOr Xtreme 5.2B backup Read Speed is always quiet/slow. Original discs unaffected.

FOr Xtreme 5.2C default backup Read Speed is same as original game disks 12x. When Original Game disk is booted, all subsequent backup loading will be at Quiet/Slow Read mode, Original Game disks are unaffected. Turn console off/on to reset back to Default backup read speed (12x). Quiet/Slow Read Speed is for quiet operation and/or cheap DVD+R DL media.

FOr Xtreme 5.2D default backup Read Speed is Quiet/Slow 2-4x. When Original Game disk is booted, all subsequent backup loading will be at Fast Read mode 12x, Original Game disks are unaffected. Turn console off/on to reset back to Default backup read speed for backups (2-4x).