1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with the TMPGEnc and avs file

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by chrislee8, Mar 29, 2004.

1. chrislee8

chrislee8 Member

I am using DVD2SVCD. It is the first time I am using it, so i left everything as default.

error occurs while running TMPGEnc. Msg read: "....TitlePicture.bmp.avs can not open, or not supported".

and here is the pic of all files created so far, hope to help you help me better. :)
    http://www.chrislee8.com/03292004.jpg

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

To read AVS Files in Tmpgenc sometimes the "Direct show File reader" has to be Disabled..So go to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Disable the "Direct show File reader"..
    Now try to load the ACS file into Tmpgenc and see if it works..You should also make sure that the AVS File has been created Properly, You can do this By loading the AVS File into "Virtual-Dub" and if it is OK then the you will be able to see the Video in the Virtual-Dub Window....Cheers

3. chrislee8

chrislee8 Member

Thanks, that works, but cause I used DVD2SVCD, as you know, it is batch process, how do I know what process I should continue now?

Because if i redo it, I have to wait another day or so. :(

thanks again.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Sory but I do not understand what you mean?? All you have to do is Load the AVS file into the encoder and encode it to Mpeg2/SVCD and then Burn it to CD-R useing Nero or some other SVCD burning Program..I Never used DVD2SVCD because there is No need to use it because going from DVD2SVCD is simple so I never found a Need to have a Program to automate the Proscess and I can go from DVD to SVCD in about 2 Hours without DVD2SVCD, and with the Price of DVD burners these days there really isn"t any need to be doing SVCD"s anymore, You can pick up a Dual format DVD Burner for about $79...good Luck