1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with the WiiKey installation

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by mv10, May 14, 2007.

1. mv10

mv10 Member

The person who installed my wii must have overheated it or something because he accidently pulled off the silver stud and the yellow wire that goes connected onto the Panasonic chip..

Is there any way to salvage my wii?
    Maybe Soldering the wiikey point straight onto the chip?

[​IMG]
    Picture taken from ps2scene

2. mv10

mv10 Member

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

[​IMG]

first off here is the image you tried to post.

To post the image correctly you will need to type the below into the above thread...

[url*=http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wiikeyinstallnw0.jpg][img*]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8073/wiikeyinstallnw0.th.jpg[/img*][/url*]

Make sure url and img are lower case and /img and /url are lower case. Also take out the * that I have inserted in the TAG line.

What do you mean the stud and yellow wire?

Do you mean the guy over heated the PAD of that point off when trying to install a modchip?

You can trace that bad spot back to the chip and solder the wire to the leg off the chip that it leads back to. But I wouldn't trust the guy to do that if he screwed the other install wire up.

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  4. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Yeah, professionals, or installers in general should not screw up like that. As larry said, basically you can trace it and solder it on the leg on the chip, and I believe that might be your only option.

5. mv10

mv10 Member

Thanks for the IMG help.

I trusted it to my uncle, an electrical engineer (who knew how, but hadnt soldered in years). Im taking it to a local buisness tomorrow in an effort to fix it.

Ill let you know tommorow morning to see how it goes.
    Thx