1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with TMPGEnc DVD Author after use dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by hart94109, Jun 26, 2003.

1. hart94109

hart94109 Member

problem with TMPGEnc DVD Author
    my DVDs after compress or edit by dvd shirk (I test them and these dvd-video folder can burn on dvd and play everwhere ok)
    ),i try to put them together by using TMPGEnc DVD Author.
    and TMPGEnc won't regonize dvd file once i done in dvd shirk.
    also when i compress DVD from dvd shirk, the "cc" closed cation is not working (i really mean closed caption which is invisible, not subtitle )
    anyone can solve my problem, thanks

2. joski

joski Guest

i'm gonna have to get this tmpgenc just to play with it. i see a lot of reference to it here.
    i'm currently using dvdshrink 2.0, and then writng with nero. i'm going out to the living room now to check that closed caption thing, i've just been shrinking the whole disk (i like menus) never once thought about cc or sub's.

3. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You don't need to author the files again after using DVD Shrink - they will burn directly since they are now in video compliant file type. Just drag and drop and burn.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I author some files after using DVD Shrink with TMPGEnc DVD Author. THis is usually only whener i want to split a disc up and join other parts to it.

For example, CSI has 4 episodes on each disc. I cant really fit all 4 on disc without serios loss of quality. I rip and compress 3 of them and burn to disc. I then rip and compress the 4th episode and the first 2 of the second disc and put them together using TMPGEnc DVD Author.

Chris