1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Videorox, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Videorox

Videorox Member

Ok so i use Smartripper to rip my home DVD collection and DVD2AVI to get the audio. Then I encode with TMPGEnc, but with some discs like South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut, it re-encodes the first part of the movie and the audio is choppy. However,this problem does not occur with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or South Park- The Complete Second Season. What do i do? Thanks for any solutions (as a side note im trying to create VCDs and i have already tried DVD Decrypter)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2004
  2. Minion

Minion Senior member

well you should maybe use a seperate Program to encode the audio to Mp2...

3. Videorox

Videorox Member

thanks any idea what program i could use?

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

in DVD2AVI preferably use the demux to ac3 rather than the decode to wav.

then you can use headac3he. it does a good jobin decoding, and if possible use the same bitrate and freq.

the link is at the download section of
    http://www.doom9.org/software.htm#audio

be sure to download all the decoder and encoder.
    http://darkav.de.vu/

and the libmmd DLL needs to be put in the windows system32 dir or is it system can't remember. other codecs is put on the folder where headac3e is.

you can try besweet, but not reccommended to newbies though.

5. Videorox

Videorox Member

thanks for the ideas i'll try it. but juist a side note ive been doing this for bout a year now.. so just you know im not a newbie despite what it says

6. Videorox

Videorox Member

ok, this may sound weird but... i think i found the problem. In Smartripper the Video PTS continues to restart at 00:00:00. Why is this occuring?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2004
  7. Minion

Minion Senior member

It Probably restarts the Time code at the Beginning of each of the VOB files...You should be Ripping the VOB files as a Single Vob file with a Single Audio Track instead of a Bunch of 1gb VOB files with all of the audio and subtitles Tracks...You can select the audio stream you want to Keep in the "Stream processing" settings and you Can make it Rip the DVD as a Single Vob file with a Single Constant time code if you go to "Settings" to "File Splitting" and select "Max file Size" and then set the File size as 9999mb..Now when you rip the DVD it will Be one big Vob with a single Audio Track....hope this Helps...Cheers

8. shiroh

shiroh Guest

never happened to me before when i used smartripper. well there is always dvddecrypter....

you've been doing it for a year ? well i'm much more newbie than you're then. :p

9. Videorox

Videorox Member

same thing happens... could it be my DVD ROM drive