1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with 'ultimate collection' disc + flip top

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by SneakyJ, May 16, 2007.

1. SneakyJ

SneakyJ Member

Hello there. I've read the forum rules. I've searched countless times to find the answers I need to no avail. I have reached wits end on this subject, and will not stop until it is solved.

Ps2 v5/v6 SCPH 30001-R
    Fliptop
    "ultimate collection" DVD with a collection of tools for the ps2, including the newest swapmagic.

I am not even using a burnt game, rather a Japanese import that is confirmed elsewhere that it works. Beatmania IIDX 11 (red). I have done this before with back ups of games previously using the Gameshark and cog swap trick. Perfectly.

Somewhere over the course of time, it decides to stop working. Recently, I purchased these products in hopes of it working correctly. Nope. Nothing. I get 'not a valid ps2 disc' even when doing every step correctly.

Power surge, put in swap disc, load it, wait for screen, open lid, take disc out, put game in, close lid, press X. 'NOT A VALID PS2 DISC"

I have become very frustrated with this and ask for your assistance. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Note also I have tried adjusting the laser via white cog thing, didn't work either. My ps2 does still load its own factory games (gran turismo 4, GTA III, and the like) perfectly fine.

thank you

2. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

After I read this I am confused. Is the Swap Magic you are using burned?? If so, there is no chance in hell to get backups working. Swap Magic disks only work if they are pressed, just like any game you would buy in a store. Burning an image file is a no go.

3. logan34

logan34 Member

4. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

LOL I have never even heard of that logan34, think ill read up on that a bit...thanks for the save!