1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with usb transfer....

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Saerek, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Saerek

Saerek Member

On my two computers at home, when I hook up the psp to the computers' usb ports, and try to transfer
    information, like the monthly official content pack sony pushes out, it can't finish. it says "PSP
    Content Pack- There was an Error copying the files". Afterwards I try to open the drive and it says
    "F: The device is not ready". The funny thing is, I can open the F: before I transfer something.
    Another funny thing is, I can transfer pictures below 30kb no problem.

But an even funnier thing is that my brother's pc across town can transfer anything fine to my psp.

Is there any way to fix this?

2. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

The file is probably corrupted. Get another one.

3. Saerek

Saerek Member

No they aren't corrupted...my music definitely isn't, and it's happening there too. So I think I am, for lack of a better word...sol! I may be a newb to psp, but I'm definitely not a newb to computers, I know when a file is corrupt. It's just I've never had a problem quite like this. The weird thing is, after it shows that error, I have to kill the connection from pc to psp in order for me to be able to see the contents of the memory card again.

Keep in mind that at my bro's house, his pc works perfectly fine with my psp.

4. Saerek

Saerek Member

And also all corrupted video and audio can be played on my psp once for every reboot up until it stopped transferring. So I definitely know I'm converting my vids fine. It does the same to the sony monthly content pack I downloaded.

5. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

maybe your brother has a driver installed that the other cpu doesn't have

6. Saerek

Saerek Member

Yeah, so I'm wondering how I can uninstall the wrong one and get the right one.