1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with VGA input on Philips 23" LCD TV [23PF9945]

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by arciphel, Apr 18, 2005.

1. arciphel

arciphel Member

Folks, i bought one of these sets last week and am impressed with it so far. however i have a problem with it at the moment in that the VGA input from my PC doesn't work. When i try to switch it to PC mode, i can see my desktop on the screen in perfect clarity, however for some reason the LCD TV does not detect the signal and it flashes a message on the screen that says "ATTENTION: NO VIDEO INPUT" and after 5 seconds it switches the set into standby. I have tried three different PCs and it does the same thing on each one. Is there any way to reset the electronics in the lcd tv so that it doesn't give this warning message, or will i need to bring the unit back? Also, someone else on this forum mentioned that you can add a DVI input on AV3 but didn't explain how to do this, if anyone knows anything about this it would help too as i could use a DVI input to the LCD instead of a VGA cable.

Cheers peeps!

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Is the output from the PC to your LCD the primary one?

3. arciphel

arciphel Member

yes the output from the laptop was the primary one ... anyway, rather than try and fix the problem myself i called philips and they told me to bring the unit back to the retailer and they gave me another one, this one works fine with no problems and i am looking at it at this moment as i type and it is a beautiful screen. pity i can't find a way to stretch my vga output to 16:6 ratio tho :-(

i would recommend this lcd tv to anyone, but i have to say there seems to be a big difference between sets. i noticed the response time on this one seems to be far better than the last one of the same model that i had, much less ghosting and a much clearer image!!!