1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with WinAVI Converter - Would appreciate advice...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by sazucker, Jun 22, 2007.

1. sazucker

sazucker Member

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem...
    I've recently started using WinAVI Converter and I tried using the "batch converter" function to convert several AVI's to DVD's overnight. When I checked in the morning, all of the conversions had run, but only 1 DVD file was saved - the last one.

I went into Menu - Options - Conversion Settings and made sure it was set to "always create new file" (what the help button suggested) - and then ran the conversion again but had the same problem - all the conversions ran, but only the last one was saved.

Have I missed a setting or is there something else I should be doing to fix this? Any help is welcome!

Thanks,
    Stefanie

2. skyhaha

skyhaha Member

Perhaps you had selected "Merge into one title" or "One DVD, Separate titles" when you select multi avi file to convert to DVD.

3. sazucker

sazucker Member

good thought..but nope...they were all done as separate DVD's.

Actually someone emailed me a solution that seemed to work - I don't know if this is how its actually supposed to work, but at least it solves the problem. You need to set up separate folders as the destination for each conversion - i.e. you can't designate one folder as the destination for all your conversions or they will overwrite - even if you tell it not to. If you then point to each folder when you set up the batch conversion, it seems to work.

Hope this helps others with the same problem... And thanks for your input! -Stefanie