1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Winavi

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by henryting, Aug 28, 2007.

1. henryting

henryting Regular member

Hi,
    Anyone who encountered problems with winavi version 8? It won't allow me to finish the conversion ie from rmvb file to dvd file.
    Always ended up with the extension nav...
    I was lost and confused. Can someone show me the way....
    Winavi 7.7 got some bugs in it so I decided to use version 8.
    Anyone can help me with this problems... I have tried several dvd brands like verbatim, sony or taiyo yuden but in vain...

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I have been using Winavi 8.0 for quite some time without problems. Are your rmvbs error free? Try and see if you can convert them into any other format with another program (e.g. MediaCoder):

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/

Also, it's better to encode to harddisk first before burning to dvd to prevent wastage.

Good luck!

3. henryting

henryting Regular member

scf_au,
    Thanks for the reply. I have tried winavi7.7 dont have the problem.
    But occasionally ver77 got some bugs in it. I have tried santadvd with no problems but a bit slow in conversion and watermark in it..
    Is there a catch in winavi ver8 that I do not know?

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Well, they said that they've improved the rmvb related functions. Works fine for me. Do you still have HelixSDK under Winavi? If not, try download it and put the folder with related files under Winavi to see if things would be improved.

Good luck!

5. Sazy

Sazy Member

I have been having issues with converting video files into DVD format using WinAVI also.

It doesn't make one of the .IFO's/.BUP's.... Anyone have a fix? WinAVI is quickest for me to use in DVD creation, and I really dont care for flashy Menu screens or anything, and its quick.

6. henryting

henryting Regular member

scf_au,
    I still unable to finish a conversion by using winavi ver8 even though I install HelixSDK and putting in the file inside the direct winavi... I have tried multiple time using various file eg avi file, dxvi file, but in vain. For this, I finally give up this software and doubt the reliable of the software.
    To me the winavi version 8 is a piece of[​IMG], sorry for my ruleness. I am totally disappointed by this piece of software and decided to use dvdsanta ver 4.5 instead. At least dvdsanta let me finished the coversion but not as fast as winavi.

7. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Sorry to hear that. Maybe better luck with future versions?

Cheers!