1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROBLEM WITH WOMBLE MPEG-VCR 3.14 ?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Newt2005, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Newt2005

Newt2005 Guest

I've used DVD Shrink to decode a DVD successfully. I took one of the VOBs into WOMBLE MPEG-VCR 3.14 BUILD 12/2004 to remove three scenes. After the edits, everything plays fine in WOMBLE. When I put the edited MPG back into the VIDEO_TS folder as a VOB, it plays just fine in POWERDVD on my PC. After I burn the DVD-R, it plays fine on the PC with PowerDVD. When I put the DVD in my standalone player, it's fine right up through the first edit, then about 5-10 seconds later, everything freezes and you have to power down the DVD player.

Have I missed something obvious? I thought Womble could handle frame accurate editng, which is why I use it.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    NewtNoobie

2. robguy

robguy Member

Try posing your question to the Womble people. Their e-mail address is support@womble.com.

3. Hotdog59

Hotdog59 Guest

Have I missed something obvious also?

Do you update the IFO file to say the movie is now x time shorter and x frames less in the VOB you edited. If the movie has chapter points are they still in the right place after your edit when you play the movie on the PC. Try rebuilding the IFO's with IFOEDIT as a DVD Player needs this info to be stop on where as PowerDVD is just another media player and will play any Mpeg based file that is not corrupt.

4. robguy

robguy Member

Try the GOP Fixer tool. Here's an excerpt from the Womble help file:

Video and audio Presentation Time Stamps are 33-bit integers inserted in an MPEG stream to allow an MPEG decoder to synchronize the decoded audio sound with the decoded video image display. Those PTS values should match the playback time length of the decoded audio sound with the video frame rate. When they are in error, the MPEG movie cannot be played correctly, and the audio and the video will be out of sync.

The GOP fixer tool will correct those PTS errors based on its calculation from the complete audio data. It will only modify the erroneous 33-bit integers.

In addition to Hotdog59's suggestion, you could also download a trial copy of Womble's MPEG Video Wizard, a much more accurate and advanced version of MPEG-VCR.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  5. Newt2005

Newt2005 Guest

Thanks to robguy and hotdog for thei2 suggestions.

I tried the GOP Fixer in WOMBLE and it didn't remove the problem.
    It sounds like I need to fix the IFO as suggested. I simply used WOMBLE to remove the scene from the VOB/mpg.

Thanks again for the advice.

6. Newt2005

Newt2005 Guest

Hotdog59, you were right. The IFO was totally mangled. I was working on a DVD with multiple audio tracks and multi-angle. I tried to update the IFOs with IFOEDIT. It processed fine, but still the IFO wasn't right. Is there some way to delete a scene, keep the menus and chapters, etc. rebuilding a DVD from scratch with MPG-2s?

Please help.

Thanks.