1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Xbox ver 1.6 X3 install

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by PrincoR, May 2, 2005.

1. PrincoR

PrincoR Member

Ok, I have a HUGE problem right now w/ my v1.6 Xbox . I had a wire connected to the LAD0 point (picture below) and I wiggled it a little as it was loose and it came up, but it attached the top little ring part of the LAD0 point with it!! So now the solder will not stick onto that point, so I cannot use that point anymore.

Is there another point I can solder that to or am I screwed?

[​IMG]

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

why didn't you just use the lpc rebuild board that came with your chip?...much easier than trying to solder all them wires...you may have lifted the trace, so your motherboard may be need to be repaired.

3. PrincoR

PrincoR Member

Well dude, to tell you the truth I really don't know why I didn't use the LPC rebuild. I have always heard of people having problems with them so I figured screw it, I'm just gonna do the wire install. This is just bad frickin luck if you ask me.

No, I did not lift the trace, the Xbox still runs fine w/ the chip out. I just need to find another LAD0 point...

ANY IDEAS?

4. PrincoR

PrincoR Member

Alright, I finally got some help on Xbox-Scene for finding the new LAD0 point on the top of the board.