1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem writing lead in

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by yjbreaker, Dec 28, 2004.

1. yjbreaker

yjbreaker Member

Using the combo DVD shrink to read/Dvd Decrypt to write. Have the latest versions of each one. Burnt 3 succesful movies with no problems. Now i use the same setup and once Shrink has read the disk and recorded it to my harddrive, Decrypter comes into action to burn it but it never get's past where it's writing the Lead in. I've reformatted the hard drive and updated firmware. Anyone have any ideas on how to get it past Writing lead in???

2. kchev

kchev Regular member

what media are you using?
    i have had some discs in the past that were bad and they would act like that

3. yjbreaker

yjbreaker Member

Tried it with 3 disks, TDK -R. Memorex -R, RW. Those are supposed to be decent yes?

4. wayne77

wayne77 Member

am having same problem using tdk dvd-r 4.7 1-8 not sure if its disks have used about half of my pack
    i think its nero

5. TonyHutt

TonyHutt Member

I'm having very similar problem.
    I got the movie onto the hard drive, and when I try to burn it to disk, I get a "write error" and Then it tries to write the lead-in, and then bails completely with a failure message (using DVDShrink with Nero 6)

I've ruined about a dozen blank media now and am frustrated.

Thanks for any help here.

Tony

6. Kmate

Kmate Guest

Hi boys Im having the same problem. Ive got it onto my hardrive but when I got to burn it using nero 6 Tha damn thing fails. I go through the re encoding process that takes an age then goes to burn and lkfgal;uhf;I;XXX... NOTHING IT FAILS. Excuse me, what is happening. Ive re installed everything, defragged, I am using ritek -r any suggestions...
    P.s Will incoming mobile phone transmissions mes with ripping? thanks in advance. peace from down under. love to the hurting.

7. TonyHutt

TonyHutt Member

I don't see how mobile phone transmissions could affect the burning process- especially since the media is optic, not radio waves.

We really need to find out what's causing this. The media (disks) I've ruined so far have been CD-+R, CD-+RW. WTF?

8. Mangosdad

Mangosdad Guest

I just started having the same problem yesterday, I've burned over a hundred Ritek 04 DVD-R with my Sony DRU 510A firmware 1.F so its not the media. I went back to firmware 1.D still with no success. It just gets stuck on writing lead in. Once I let it keep trying and it went over 24 min with no success. Although I did try a DVD-RW and it was successful. I have another computor with a Sony DRU 500A and that one is burning fine. Both have the latest Version on Shrink and Decrypter.