1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem writing using any software (?)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jwtrading, Apr 21, 2005.

1. jwtrading

jwtrading Member

As you've probably guessed I'm new to this DVD writing stuff. I recently bought an LG GSA4163B DVD writer along with some Ridisc 8x DVD-R (Ritek G05 dye) and a couple of Sony DVD-RW 1.1 discs. I've been trying to copy my DVD Box set of "The Office Series 1". I've followed the guide on how to rip the discs using DVD Decrypter and then re-encode and write them with CLoneDVD. Every stage of the process seems to be fine apart from when I come to write the DVD itself; [bold]the writer just gets stuck on 0% and won't progress at all[/bold] I've tried using both the DVD-R and DVD-RW discs and also used Nero to write instead with no joy. [bold]I can't seem to find anywhere to download the latest driver for the DVD writer[/bold] and LG don't list it on their website, the drive is supplid OEM without anything else, I have managed to upgrade the firmware however and have written other discs no problem. Any help would be much appreciated. System details below:

LG GSA4163B DVD Writer (Firmware upgraded to A104)
    2.8Ghz P4
    512 DDR RAM
    80Gb 7200RPM HD
    GeForce 4 Ti4200

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What disks were you able to record? People have been having problem's with the new Ritek G05's could be a media issue. Could also be you have some type of packet writing software installed (InCD, Drag To Disk, DLA) If thats the case get rid of them, and try again.

3. jwtrading

jwtrading Member

I have made data backup discs with both the Ritek G05 and Sony DVD-RW discs using Nero. I thought that Ritek had sorted out their media issues, maybe not. I've not got any packet writing software installed. Is there anything else that could have caused the problem?

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

jwtrading, are you using the NEW versions of Clonedvd and Anydvd. The new versions have bugs causing the exact problem you are stating. Try something other than Clonedvd for now or go back to an older version if you have it.

Jerry

5. jwtrading

jwtrading Member

yes i am using the latest version of CloneDVD (2.8.0.2). what other application can i use to do the job? or where can i get an older version of clonedvd? i am particularly after using such an application because i want to re-encode the whole dvd in one go as its a tv series with several episodes on the one disc. if u've got a previos version of clonedvd could you e-mail it to me? thanks for the help.

6. jwtrading

jwtrading Member

i forgot to ask - what versions of clonedvd are affected by this problem? i've found a couple of download links for older versions.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I really don't believe the problem is with the new version of CloneDVD2, but with AnyDVD. I have been using the newest version of CloneDVD2 without any issues, but I currently use Decrypter to rip my movie to the hard drive first instead of AnyDVD for now because of the issues with it.

8. jwtrading

jwtrading Member

I've tried using AnyDVD and DVDDecrypter and still can't write the discs with CloneDVD 2.8.0.2 or Nero

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

DVD Shrink will let you edit similar to CloneDVD. They have already updated both programs again. They both had problems. New versions are 2811 and 5111 I think. Older versions before 2800 and 5000 should work OK.

Jerry

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  10. jwtrading

jwtrading Member

i've just tried dvdshrink 3.2.015 and the same thing happened again both burning with Nero and DVDDecrypter. Could it be somekind of protection on the original DVD?