1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem writing with InstantCopy?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by alpha6164, Jun 4, 2004.

1. alpha6164

alpha6164 Member

Ok, I ripped Scarface with Decryptor to hard drive, and then used IC8 from HD and after 2 some hours, it tells me that the destination disc does not have enough space for the amount I am writing or something to that affect. After I removed the spanish and french audio, it told me that the compressed was going to be 4.31gb. Doesn't IC8 automatically compress to fit a 4.7 GB disc? What am I missing here?

2. Meleiro

Meleiro Member

I suppose you are missing a good copy program. I use no more instantcopy because of too many bugs, I have problems with every Pinnacle product, including hardware. Shrink, dvdcloner or burnatonce do it better.

3. brian100

brian100 Guest

Welcome to the, sometimes, mad world of using Pinnacle Instantcopy. I use version 7 & mainly get "undersizing" problems but have naver experienced an "oversizing" issue like yourself. I use "Hidden settings editor" to tweak Pinnacle, it really does make a difference.

Download hidden settings editor for Pinnacle at :-

http://www.dvdrbase.com/showthread.php?s=ebe41a8af50d01c31baa48cd49695e26&t=36498

There is a good guide that shows you a few "tweaks" & tricks here:-

http://www.deano.dsl.pipex.com/backup/ics.htm

I hope it helps, stick with it as the results are far superior to DVDshrink

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Well I've had good luck with IC8 (version .270) on it's own. I usually end up with 4.22G discs.

No software is perfect all the time, that's why most folks have a few apps installed. There's always going to be the occaisonal DVD that chokes one app or the other.

5. alpha6164

alpha6164 Member

Does it matter when you are ripping with Decryptor wether you burn to HD a single iso file or regular vob files?