1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problematic princo dvd-rw cant fathom why?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by andmerr, Apr 5, 2004.

1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hi all.

Wonder if some one can clue me in to why these princo dvd-rw discs seem to fail after the 4th burn.Tried putting data on them ,that seems to work but after the 4th time off erasing them my computer cant seem to locate them in the drive or i cant access the data.

i did look for threads on this prob, the best i could get was

quote:Has anyone ever had a problem using the optorite drive to record to princo dvd-rw media? What's happening with me is that everytime I put in a blank dvd-rw, my pc freezes; as soon as I eject it, everything works again. The princo dvd-rw media is 1x I believe, I'm using Nero 6 Ultra edition

unfortunately that particular question was never answered.
    I am using nero 6
    amd 2600+
    GForce 4
    etc etc etc

thanks inadvance

andmerr

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

princo are not very good discs. get some better ones and they will work.

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey sly thanks for the advise but i was wondering if you can go into detail a bit more as to why?

I have no probs with princo dvd-r discs (a grade)
    to back up movies onto_Out of 150 i think only 3 didnt work and that was out of the same batch, sorry i lied make that 5 the first 2 didnt work when i first started dvd backing up.Any how this seems to be a prob with dvd-rw .

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

well, i've had bad experiences with princo, and so have other people on this forum. I say just try another brand rw and see if the same problem occurs.