1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems adding videos to iTunes (in .mp4 format)

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by broadways, Dec 29, 2006.

1. broadways

broadways Member

I have an iPod Video and a recent enough version of iTunes to be able to play and add videos to. For some reason, when I try to add a video I have in .mp4 format to iTunes (both by dragging it in and by file>add file to library), nothing happens. Furthermore, I can't seem to play it on iTunes either.

I'm going just ten kinds of crazy over this, I've looked everywhere but nothing has helped me solve this problem. Any help would be wonderful.

2. justin333

justin333 Guest

did you convert the file to mp4 yourself or did you download the mp4 file from an internet site? I found that when i downloaded them sometimes they were not videos and they showed up in my music instead of my video section on the ipod. Only thing I can think of.

3. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

If there's something wrong with the file it won't be added, I had some that I had converted that wouldn't add, also, quicktime wouldn't play them either. Try playing them with QT, if there's something wrong with it it probably won't play.

4. kylieam1

kylieam1 Guest

is there a good converter i can use to convert videos that are in mpg? i have a dvd converter but that only converts dvd's to mp4 format. sry i'm a newbie and am not very good with computers

5. garyanson

garyanson Member

winavi ipod/psp/3gp/mp4 convertor will convert mpeg to ipod (mp4)

6. MonkeyFat

MonkeyFat Guest

If iTunes doesn't add the video, no error message, it may be that the file name is too long. This drove me absolutely bonkers for a while. Try changing the name before you convert it.

For me, iTunes acted as if I didn't try to add anything, an error message would be so helpful!

7. June_0606

June_0606 Regular member

Yes,for iTunes,you may pay attention to the file name,not too long and for English character.