1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems after XP starts up

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by jovansey, Jun 3, 2007.

1. jovansey

jovansey Member

Hi guys,

I've recently started having problems with XP Pro.

After XP loads, it won't let me perform any 'tasks' for a certain amount of time (sometimes 20 seconds, sometimes as much as 5 minutes).

XP loads up fine, with all the menus, icons & background visible.

I can navigate through my files and also scroll through the start menu, but as soon as I try to perform a task / exe (like open internet explorer, play a movie or hit ctrl/alt/del) the computer just hangs.

The harddrive light is not on (so it doesn't look like it's doing anything during that time).

Then after a few minutes, everything springs back into life and everything I clicked to do, suddenly appears.

I did a clean re-install of XP, and have not installed any software at all, but it's still happening.

Please help as I'm well and truly STUMPED!!

Thanks
    Paul

2. jovansey

jovansey Member

Update: I have a feeling it's something to do with my Buffalo wireless router (which I have connected to my PC via a network cable). This 'delay' problem only occurs when the router is connected to the PC's network card.

3. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Maybe something to do with your ram. ram gets old and perform really badly and sometimes bad ram restarts the comp after it reach a few sectors of bad data