1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Backing up a backup w/ Toast

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by AtrophyG4, Apr 26, 2005.

1. AtrophyG4

AtrophyG4 Member

I have some Backups that I am trying to duplicate with toast in Mac OS X. Some of these disks have labels on them. I put them in the drive, toast boots and it reads the disk as 4.4 gigs. If I Get Info on the disk it reads the actual size, but Toast says 4.4 gigs. If I try to do a copy it will go through and then throw an I/O error of some sort and says the disk might be copy protected. Most of the disks are formated with a SLUS_##### title. I used DVD Identfier and the disks are BeAll or Princo.

Is there a work around for this? I have updated Toast to 6.0.9 and have no other ideas.

I am on a G4 Sawtooth 350, Upgraded to 800 MHz, 256 megs RAM, a Pioneer A107 burner, running X.3.9

2. AtrophyG4

AtrophyG4 Member

Not many Apple users out there huh?

3. Silver28

Silver28 Member

I happen to have an IMAC along with my PC and I have successfully burned a couple of PS2 games using Toast. What process EXACTLY did you use.

I used the following:

Using Toast Titanium 5.01 or 5.02 for Mac

1. Start Toast
    2. Select Image Copy
    3. Insert DVD title
    4. Save as Image
    5. Record Image (Use Burnproof if needed)

Maybe you've already tried that, I don't know. The key is to do an image not a "copy". See if that works. :)

4. AtrophyG4

AtrophyG4 Member

I have been burning "on the fly" by popping in the disk and letting it save the image as a temp file and then putting in the blank disk and letting it burn. I did try to save as an image and it still gives the same error. I am using 6.09, but its pretty much the same with a different interface. My main concern is regardless of the disk, it thinks that it is 4.4 gigs. I got referenced to a program called Dimager on ps2nfo.com, so I am going to try that out and make an image using it and burning that image. I hope it works. Pretty funny being told that a backup might be copy protected.

5. AtrophyG4

AtrophyG4 Member

Woohoo. Found a fix. Someone on another board suggested using Disk Utility, which is in Applications>Utilities to make an image. Tried it out and the image was the correct file size and then I burned that image in Toast and booted the game up fine with my Swap Magic 3.3 disk.

Does anyone know why those disks are named SLUS_xxxxx? Just something I'm curious about since most of the games I have backed up have a name similiar to the game title. Just curious as to if this or the type of media are the reason toast doesn't like the disks.