1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems backing up Bourne Supremecy

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by XKevinX, Jan 4, 2005.

1. XKevinX

XKevinX Member

Ok i descrypted the dvd..for a back up!!no theft here...well anyway it descrypts fine but then....clone dvd will not burn it because it says source data to large...and dvd shink keeps giving me an error half way through and it wont shrink it up..any ideas??

2. s2god

s2god Regular member

i had this problem. i got it to work somehow. i think i used dvd decrypter first. it did like 79 files or sumthin like that. then i opened them in dvd shrink and it wouldnt work. i then opened them in clone dvd2 and it did w/e it does and worked. i guess it was lucky cuz i cant get "out of time" to work. same process, bad results

3. colw

colw Active member

Do not load or install the Interactual Movie Player that comes with this DVD (it is a bad news program).

Remove Interactual Movie Player from your computer if it is installed.

Open movie in Shrink - use reauthor mode and copy main movie only.

Works fine.

4. gmovie69

gmovie69 Guest

hey Colw, i had the same problem with this dvd, it stops at like 2% i just uninstalled interactuall player and will do it again only thing is i dont think i know how to use the reauthor mode,ill just try to look up a guide for it. if by n e chance i cant find it or am still confused is there a easy way u can give a little walk through if you or someone has the time, its greatly appriciated. thanks alot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2005
  5. colw

colw Active member

Reauthor is quite simple. After analysis, choose re-atuhor instead of backup.

Choose main movie and click or drag to left hand pane of the two screens.

Check compression settings on right hand pane to get rid of unwanted languages/substreams. Then Backup.

Goodluck - PM if having problems.

6. gmovie69

gmovie69 Guest

thanks alot colw, ill make sure i use ur info...good looking out.

7. gmovie69

gmovie69 Guest

i hate this movie lol, no im still having problems i did exactly what you said to do but now only prob is 1st copy came out with no menus 2nd copy came out with all the menus but you cantchoose n e thing you have to fast fowars the dvd till the menus are over, what could i possibly be doing wrong now.

8. colw

colw Active member

gmovie69

I never use menus - waste of time and effort - most movies are divided into chapters (approx 20 to 30) and you can just use next/previous chapter button to flick back and forth through movie.

At least you seem to be able to back up the movie which must be some consulation.

Think you can use a program such as DVD Remake to add menus etc.

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

gmovie69 if you re-authred the DVD with the menus and movies it will only fast forword or rewind it. If you want the menus do a full backup on it. Not re-Author. if you want to do just the movie then you can re-auther it and choose just the movie. I think you got confused when somone told you to Re-Author the DVD. In Re-Author If you drag the menus and extras in they will just play all the menus then the movie and extras one after the other.

10. gmovie69

gmovie69 Guest

oh okay now i get it, thanks for the heads up.

11. na_tra

na_tra Member

Best way to do it with DVDXCopy Plat. with upgrade. I watched the whole movie without any itch. or do it with SuperDVD Copy, then DVD2One, and burn it with Nero 6.

12. XKevinX

XKevinX Member

thanks guys