1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems backing up FFX-2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bubbletea, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Bubbletea

Bubbletea Member

I searched the forums and none of the ones that discuss about issues with backing up FFX-2 directly answer my issue. I have a super old ps2 (Jap SCPH-18000) and recently had a Messiah 2 installed in it. All original games work fine. I played the copied games I got with it and they worked. I also played a few ps2 games I dlded and burned (Naruto Jap). I followed both the instructions on burning ps2 games using Alcohol 120%, Nero, and DVD Decryptor but the game still doesn't play. It can't be my media because then it would be the same problem for the previous games I burned, but they work fine. I've wasted 6 DVDs trying to burn this game. My media is something I got off eBay XD. But they've all worked so far and no coasters. The problem I get is either it doesn't work period (won't even get to the square enix screen) or when it does load, when I select new game it's either frozen at the movie screen (this only happened once) or doesn't give me any video and sound feed and then basically freezes after Rikku goes "Y,R,P, in position" (screen is blank and then the subs appear and then overlap each other). People have asked me why I bother burning that game (lot of people don't like it), but I'm thinking that if I can't burn this, I can't burn any games ><. Can anyone save me from wasting more DVDs ^^;?

2. Bubbletea

Bubbletea Member

I'm guessing no one is going to help me with this ^^;?

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

It is probably down to bad media. even though it works for the other games, doesn't mean it will work for all games. I say, try a ritek or verbatim and it will probably work. You could also try cleaning the laser on your ps2. Getting a v1 chipped wasn't a very good idea, the laser will probably go out on you pretty soon.

4. Bubbletea

Bubbletea Member

Thanks for your help. It was the media that wasn't working. But now my modchip died so I'm just waiting for my friend to take it back to the modder in Canada so that they can fix it.

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

not cool... the chip die :(... FFX-2 is quite good game.... not good as FFX tho...