1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems backing up games, can't figure it out.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bebop268, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Bebop268

Bebop268 Guest

Guy in the FAQ said he didn't know what the problem could be either. I'm using a DMS3 chip and DVD Decrypter, followed the exact instructions for both burning and booting the game. However, I still just get the PS2 logo, and a flash on the screen, then it goes black and doesn't play. Any ideas?

2. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

is your chip installed right?....did u install it or a pro?

3. Bebop268

Bebop268 Guest

I had a guy who comes highly reccomended from modchip.com that lives in North Carolina by the name of Trey install it.

4. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

did he test it to make surr it works?

also what version ps2 are u using?

5. Bebop268

Bebop268 Guest

Yes, he tested it once, when it got back here the first time it wouldn't work, sent it back and he figured out a packing peanut had worked its way into the PS2 during shipping, cleaned it, tested it again, and sent it back to me. This is the second time I've tried to burn a game and had it not work.

Using a v.5 PS2

6. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

what type of media are you using?
    and when u use DVD Decrypter does it say the back up worked?

7. Bebop268

Bebop268 Guest

Imation 4.78 GB DVD-R.

I don't know, my dad did the actual burning using printed out instructions I gave him, since the DVD burner is in his computer.

8. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

you mite wanna make surr that the burning it working write and that he is doing it write..
    then if he is try a differnt game
    and then try a differnt media
    and the instrucktions are very simple mode,is, read, then iso, write

9. Bebop268

Bebop268 Guest

I know the instructions are simple. And he did it right, I stood there and watched as he started the burn sequence. Whether he had any problems during the burn sequence that he didn't tell me about, I donno.

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

burning to fast?... some games have this problem durn slow.... and if problem consist change the dvd-r brand.. vibratim.. tdk... ritek..... if the problem still there open the ps2 and have a look on the install maybe a wire got off... you never know so open it up and look... opening the ps2 is the last resort so try it in the end if nothing helps...

11. Bebop268

Bebop268 Guest

Already burning it on 1X, you can't go any slower than that.

12. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

mayb its the laser??

13. Bebop268

Bebop268 Guest

My PS2 laser? No, it plays all other games fine.

14. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

check the chip dude... always make sure that the chip is actualy working... open ps2 and look on the board it all takes 10 mins tops...

15. Bebop268

Bebop268 Guest

I wouldn't know what to look for.

16. Bebop268

Bebop268 Guest

Can someone tell me what I'd need to look for\at to check if the connections are good? A diagram would be helpful is possible.

17. MaStA15

MaStA15 Member

Hi all im trying to backup james bond 007:everything or nothing on the ps2. i know it has some copy protection called libcrypt. What i need to know is how i can remove this protection. I cant figure it out. What utilities r good for getting round the protection. Any help will be appreciated. Im new to backing up ps2 games.
    I have the slide card with swap magic disks.

18. Bebop268

Bebop268 Guest

Don't hijack the topic.

19. billz

billz Active member

^ i think he ment to post a new thread^ anyways is it possible for trey to backup a game for you? if not possible "you'll waste a cd" but you could always burn cd loader to see if it works. maybe your backup method needs work.

20. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

belive me man you dont need a diagram for this.... just open the ps2 remove the black box... remove the power board.... remove the cables... remove the dvd... remove the mem/p1p2 ports... remove the aluminum/steel cover and look on the board... youl see the chip and youl see the wires go from it to the board... now just look at it... and see if one or two wires got off the board.. if yes tell us whats the color of it...