1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems backing up kill bill vol1&2

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by wavegravy, Aug 16, 2004.

1. wavegravy

wavegravy Member

tried to back up kill bill 1& 2 with dvd shrink 3172 . just wanted movie, no extra's. In scenes with subtitles, the sub's are not reproduced otherwise disc is perfect. I'm guessing the subtitles are lost in the extra's portion of the dvd original.Anybody have solution for backing up disc without the extra's. To include the extra's, I would have very reduced picture quality due to excess shrinkage!!!!

2. cruester

cruester Member

When I backed up these movies I copied the movie only with english subtitles. To get the subtitles to show up I had to turn them on, on my DVD player with the remote.

3. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi all. :)

- Play the original DVD with your set-top or software player to identify the required subpicture (subtitle) stream.
    i.e, with WinDVD, right-click on the main window while the movie is playing, and look at the "Subtitles" sub-menu.
    Take note of the subpicture stream played by default.

- In DVD Shrink "Edit >> Preferences" menu, make sure "Hide audio and subpicture streams of insignificant size" is [bold]not[/bold] checked.

- In Reauthor mode, once the movie-title has been dragged to the "DVD Structure" pane, right-click on it to access the "Set Default Stream" sub-menu.
    In the "Subpicture" section, check "Display the following subpicture stream" and select the stream you previously identified with your DVD player.

All done. ;)

P.S: for Kill-Bill 2, Region 2, the subpicture stream to be selected and played by default is number 3.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

For DVD Shrink and related softwares guides and information, please visit http://www.dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  4. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

In Kill Bill 1 there are two choices for English subtitles. The smaller of the two only provides subtitles when foreign language is spoken, whereas the larger displays throughout the entire movie. You must at least include the smaller English subtitle file when you backup or reauthor, and burn the movie. As above post states, the "enable subtitles" feature must be selected from the player remote or menue, whether viewing from set top player or from software player on computer. If only one subtitle track was burned, it will be "enabled" and subtitles will come on when needed.
    I have not seen Kill Bill 2 but it probably has a similar structure.

5. wavegravy

wavegravy Member

Thank you for helpful info.I feel like such a tool! I went back into dvd player set-up and found that the sub titles display had been turned off!the back up disc's play just fine.

6. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Glad to hear it, wavegravy. ;)