1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems backing up mercenaries

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by kat136, Feb 21, 2005.

1. kat136

kat136 Member

tryed backing up mercenaries, used DVD Decrypter to read iso then write iso when i put it in ps2 with swap magic, i get intro then it freezes. had this with a couple of back ups. can anyone help PLEASE

2. steimy

steimy Active member

you need a patch in order for it to work, do a search. there are a bunch of threads on it here. I just posted all the instructions up the other day.
    here's the short version
    Download this patch http://blake.prohosting.com/wulfie66/merc.zip
    then burn the game to hard drive
    rename the ISO file ptc-merc
    unzip the patch and then copy it to the folder where the ISO file is.
    run the patch and wait 1/2 hour then burn the ISO that it creates for you.
    that should do it.

3. kat136

kat136 Member

thanks

4. teggy

teggy Regular member

Is that for both swap magic and mod or just one of them. Also does it still need cogswaploader?

5. steimy

steimy Active member

As far as i know the game just will not load without using the patch. I know it won't for new or old Swap magic. I do not have my Modded PS2 yet so that i can't tell ya'.

6. annie123

annie123 Guest

I am unable to download the link from above to get the patch. cna you please assist. I keep clicking on download but it does nothing at the prohost site.

7. Nappster

Nappster Member

I patched the game according to the instructions and I still couldn't get the game to work. I used the patch on NBA Streets 3 and it works fine. Anyone else having a problem with that patch? Or should I try to burn it again? I am using Sony DVD+Rs at 4X because my burner won't burn slower than that.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

Did you remember to rename your ISO file? If you don't then you will be able to tell before you burn it. you will select the patch and a few a minute later it will have created a new ISO for you but it will only be like 500MB in size.it should be around the same size as the original and take about a 1/2 hour if it's done right. Do a search here and there is a hugh post on Mercenaries. I am pretty sure that you rename it ptc-merc. If you find the large post just start reading from about page 4 on and you will eventually find the link for the patch and what to rename the ISO file. here is a what post i mean.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/search/forum_search_results.cfm

9. steimy

steimy Active member

Annie123, i tried the link and it works just fine for me. If you keep having problems i can try emailing it to you since i can download it.
    m_swope@earthlink.net