1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

:: problems backing up old disks

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by babelfish, Aug 10, 2004.

1. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

i recently bought an NEC 2510a dual layer burner.. previously i had been using a LG sumtheing one at work...

problem is that i cant seem to get my home pc to duplicate old disks i have burned... i am using arita dvd-rs always written at 1x at work and 2x here..

nero tools say the disks are ritek G03

any ideas? the work machine seems able to dupliacate them ok... but neither dvd drive here reads the full disk... they work fine in a dvd player tho..

thx!

2. RWG

RWG Regular member

If DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter or your favorite ripper can't read them and open all the files you won't be able to copy them. Are you getting CRC Errors?

What software are you using?

luck-

3. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

yeah - always CRC errors... :( problem is i still have 50 of these disks left :(

4. RWG

RWG Regular member

Your problem is scratches, smudges, bad burns (according to the home machine) or a tempermental DVD-ROM or +-RW burner you're trying to read from.

I don't know where you can get it but DVDXRESCUE might help recover some data. If they copy ok at work - do it there.

later-

5. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

hmmmm now this is wierd...

i tried just dragging the video_ts folder accross to the HD last night and that worked... on a disk that i know doesnt backup in nero... ?!?!? wtf! im not sure of the problem now... maybe time for a reinstall...

6. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

Not necessarily. Try a different DVD Rom. In addition to having a DVD Burner I highly recommend you install a DVD Rom on your computer as it will be faster and perhaps more compatible with burns from different drives.

7. 2005

2005 Regular member

and a cheap 30 dollar dvd rom drive has no rip lock on it, as well as the fact it will prolong the live of the new NEC ND 2510a you got.

8. RWG

RWG Regular member

Are you using a 6.x version of Nero? My 5.x version gave me problems that were cured with 6.x - currently 6.3.1.1.7

later-

9. RWG

RWG Regular member

10. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

thanks guys - will have a go this weekend... sorry for the delay but forums werent accessible this AM...

btw - i do have an LG reader too... but that takes a while to copy the video_ts folder accross...

strangely if i get something like dvdshrink to rip a dvd-5 movie it does it in like 5-10 mins... odd huh?!