1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems backing up online enabled games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by sephton66, Apr 12, 2005.

1. sephton66

sephton66 Guest

Hi all this is my 1st post only been backing up PS2 games for a week now i use dvd de-crypter to backthem up but it seems the games that allow you to play online dont work when i back them up.

Could some one please tell me if there is anything else i need to do with these kind of games.

My other games backup no problem without the online.

I use swap magic 3.3 and a flip top lid to play my back ups if thats any help.

Thanks alot

Sephton66

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

3. sephton66

sephton66 Guest

Thanks very much for that link m8 just what i needed will give it a try later on thanks again for your help.

4. Ataxonu

Ataxonu Member

Sephton, you have to patch the DNAS security key (very simple to do), but you might have to also do a PPF patch (a patch usually used to help it work with Swap Magic Disk or a Mod chip...)... Good luck, buddy...

5. sephton66

sephton66 Guest

Hi M8 could you tell me how to patch the DNAS security key please just downloaded alcohol 120 and made a disc with disc id utility i put it on cd as thats what the instructions said in the link.

I think the link referes to cd backups for disc id i need the dvd version aswell if there is one or will the cd one be suffciant.

Sorry for going on at this subject but im still learning good job im a fast learner lol.

Thanks Guys

sephton66

6. sephton66

sephton66 Guest

Hi again forget that last post getting disc id's fine now it works fine.

Now the hard part trying to patch the games got both Image Patcher and Disc ID Insertor.
    So i am hoping these will do the trick

Thanks again for all the help you guys rock

Cheers