1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems backing up shrek 2??? plz help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Daz74, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Daz74

Daz74 Guest

ok heres wots going on i have a modded ps2 v.7 i just tried to back up shrek 2.Now the burn went fine using dvd decrypter,went to put the game on and it loaded great until you went to skip all the stuff before the start menu by pressing the "X" button. then it said to please put a formatted ps2 or psx disc in? so whats going on with that error???? any help would be great!And thanx to all in advanced..

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

are you using swapmagic?

3. Daz74

Daz74 Guest

no, ive got a messiah mod chip installed

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ok just wondered as shrek 2 requires the use of cd loader to work with swapmagic but as you have a mod chip you shouldn't need that

5. Daz74

Daz74 Guest

yeah. this is my first problem for a long time ! and i got no idea what went wrong....

6. phil31169

phil31169 Regular member

did you put a cd sized game on a dvd? just a thought, heard of people having problems with that

7. evan7878

evan7878 Member

I also tried to back up Shrek 2 but however, I also have the same problem when I insert the disc using swap magic v 2.0. Once the game starts, then the screen would say please insert a formatted ps2 disc. I also tried it the cd loader v7.0 and the same thing happened. Does anybody know what the problem is?

I used:
    4x DVD-R Princo
    Optorite 4x DVD burner
    Playstation v 7 w/ fliptop

Thanks