1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems backing up some recent DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hoobyfu, Nov 6, 2004.

1. hoobyfu

hoobyfu Guest

Using the latest version of DVD Shrink I have been unable to successfully back up several recent releases. I tried to reauthor to back up the movie only, but there was more than one file in the "main movie" section. There seemed to be two files about 4 gb's in size. Using the preview feature the entire movie seemed to be contained in one of the files, so I dragged it over and backed up the disc...but the resulting DVD would freeze in the middle. Then I tried to back up the entire disc with only the ac3 5.1 english soundtrack to reduce compresion as much as possible and used the deep analysis feature. I ended up with a bunch of little vob files on the target disc and it didn't play right. Anybody else having this sort of problem? I've been using Shrink with nearly 100% success for months now, and I've made good backups with the latest version until tonight.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Usually if there are two files under the main movie, it means fullscreen and widescreen versions.

What was the movie and when you say you backed up the entire disc, does that mean both the 4g files under main movie or just one? If one file was the main movie what was the other one if it wasn't a full or widescreen version?

Did you write it to the hard drive and try to play it on your PC when it froze?

Did you try to write to blank media and play it on a standalone player?

If so, what burn software did you use?

3. hoobyfu

hoobyfu Guest

The discs that didn't play were actually defective. I've never had bad discs with branded Ridata before, and because of the weird way Shrink was splitting up the files I thought I was running into some new copy protection or something. Nevermind, I should have eyeballed my media before I posted. Thanks anyway :)

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

No problem, glad you got it going.

You outta get dvdinfopro(free) if you don't have it. You can analyze your media with it :>)