1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Backing Up Tony Hawk's Underground 2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PiperBJ, Oct 7, 2004.

1. PiperBJ

PiperBJ Member

I used Alcohol 120% to back up Tony Hawk's Underground 2 and burned it at 1x on Verbatim DVD+R media with a Memorex burner.

I am using Swap Magic 2.0, the DVD version to load it and I get a blue border around after I hit X at the "Insert Disc" screen and then the screen goes black as usual and it begins to load the disc. The screen stays black and the drive makes all kinds of funny reading sounds but the game will not load.

My PS2 is Version 7 NTSC and it does play DVD+R media and it has played backups with the exact same media burned the exact same way with no problems ever in the past.

It also isn't listed on www.swapmagicfix.com but I tried the DVD V7 ALL disc anyways and it didn't work.

Thanks!

BJ

2. PiperBJ

PiperBJ Member

Does anybody have a possible solution for this problem? Has anybody else experienced problems with backing up THUG 2?

BJ

3. asdf_jags

asdf_jags Member

One weird thing i've noticed when backing up thug 2 was when I got the disk id, the second last sequence was 70, i thought it was either supossed to be 40 for PAL or 30 for NTSC, what the hell is 70? i'm sorry, but i don't know the answer to your ploblem but if anyone could help either of us out it would be appreciated

4. k3nny247

k3nny247 Member

ive backed up thug2, played it as far as i can get at the moment,,,
    use pioneer dru500a firmware G
    DVDecryptor iso read n iso write
    sony dvd-r media
    ps2 v7 with flippy n swap magic

hopefully everything will work thru the whole game
    ps always use 1x speed for decent backups

5. PiperBJ

PiperBJ Member

Thanks guys, I will try to use DVDDecrypter instead of Alcohol and see if that helps. I will let you know.

BJ

6. PiperBJ

PiperBJ Member

I used DVDecrypter and that solved the problem. Thanks to all who replied.

BJ

7. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

hey bj try a dvd-r and use decrypter at 1x speed. and see if that works. just buy one dvd-r to see if it works, cause i copy the game with no problem with decrypter. and let me know if that works for you. odb

8. PiperBJ

PiperBJ Member

Ok, I will try that because for some reason the game loaded the first time and now I can't get it to load again. Why would it load once and not again?

BJ

9. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

it could be a small error on the disc.or maybe the lense can't read that game on that dvd+r. i can tell you i have no trouble playing my games on a dvd-r. i never tryed the dvd+r. but try the dvd-r on those two games, u might see a diff. odb

10. djjammer

djjammer Member

tested and works great a little more load time but that's it

11. romance

romance Member

I've tried using DVD decrypter and Alcohol and it stops reading it at about 70%. Any other programs i can try, or settings i can change in either of these programs?