1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems backing up Wolfenstein?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Bottz, May 18, 2003.

1. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

you just make a temp folder, extract all the files into it, then run the exe to run it. please stop with the all caps.

2. .CCC.

.CCC. Member

Craxtion will not work with all windows realeases. Such as Win98.

3. SHOTOKAI

SHOTOKAI Guest

I HAVE WINDOWS XP PRO IN MY PC BUT CRAXTION DIDN'T WORK FOR ME

4. darthnip

it should, hell i'm running windows 2003 enterprise server and craxtion works fine. what did yours do?

5. Fooshydoo

Fooshydoo Member

okay... okay... I CANNOT get my copy of TAO FENG or EVIL DEAD to work on my xbox.

I HAVE:
    - Matrix Mod chip
    - Evox d6 EjectFix blue (BIOS)
    - Evox Dashboard v1.8.3285
    - Craxtion V2.0 Beta 2 / Copyhaunters-XBE-ISO-patcher-v2[1] / & ParcheadorXBE

Absolutely NOTHING i do will make these games work on my hard drive..!!@@#! Whether i patch all the .xbes in the games directory or not, whether i burn them to a DVD+r / DVD-r / DVD+rw they still do not work.

Only the original discs work, just wondering how everyone else can use craxtion to get these games to work and i cannot... someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!

6. darthnip

man thats strange, my backup of evil dead works fine and i used craxtion and i got the same chip/bios/and dashboard. does it just stay black or partially load or what? i've had some strange issues with craxtion before, like it would stop at 85% but still said iso was created successfully and other wierd stuff, but it eventually always works.

7. Fooshydoo

Fooshydoo Member

Well i don't use craxtion to make any iso's...
    i just copied the entire game to my hard drive then i went back into my xbox (via ftp) and patched the .xbe's with craxtion.....

Then i rebooted and all it does when i try to play the game is get stuck on the green evolutionx screen.

8. Netscanur

Netscanur Member

Use X2 4977, the best bios by far, just re-flash your chip (It eliminates the need for patching and also has the eject fix working). Also try to find GDFImage for creating the .iso's, it's a tough find but well worth it in the end.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2003
  9. .CCC.

.CCC. Member

The only time my backup hung at the loading screen, I had to turn all the 3 [bold]I Game Resests[/bold] off in the settings, I've never had a problem since, although I don't have either of those games.

10. Fooshydoo

Fooshydoo Member

Hey thanks guys turning off those 3 IGR (in game resets) and with that new X2 4977 bios, it works like a charm!!!

..Hey anyone had problems getting linux mandrake to boot? i have mandrake for xbox, it comes with a boot CD and a install CD... the boot CD just sits on the loading screen with the linux pinguine.... anyone know what else i could try to fix that???

11. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

try doing what RICHS said turn off all the "In game reset" in the dashboard settings. Worked for me!!!

12. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

damn i only read the first page, i didnt know you guys posted more on the second. Sorry. Hehe!!!