1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems backing up

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ph0bia321, Mar 26, 2005.

1. ph0bia321

ph0bia321 Guest

I have a sony dw-d22a burner, I upgraded the firmware. It burns regular dvds fine, and plays them well. I had a mod chip put in my ps2 like 3 years ago, its a neo one I think, its one of the first shipments of ps2s. I know it can play a few other backups that someone else made for me. So I know the chip is working well. But when I make my own backups, I use dvd decrypter, burn it fine. When I play it in the ps2, it makes like a eerie high pitched sound for a few seconds then a few clicks, and it gets stuck at the loading screen for gameshark2. I have tried dvd+r 8x, dvd-r 4x, and dvd-r 2x. Always getting the same results. It wont let me burn at 1x. I was thinking thats the problem, any way for me to fix this? Thanks for any help.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

3. ph0bia321

ph0bia321 Guest

well I read the first page, would have helped more if you said something.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

are you following the directions for you mod and dvd booting?

5. ph0bia321

ph0bia321 Guest

I have a different chip, Im not sure what model it is though. But the procedure for booting dvdr backups is
    1. hold reset button
    2.in gs2 menu release the button
    3.put in the backup
    4.go to without codes
    5.press x

I tested with another dvd game that someone burned for me.

I tried those too, but it didnt work.

6. ph0bia321

ph0bia321 Guest

actually using that method I got thug2 to boot. Its stuck at the loading screen it just says thug2.

7. ph0bia321

ph0bia321 Guest

bump, how come I cant get past the thug2 loading screen, ghost recon 2 just goes to a black screen.

8. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

It toke me a couple of try to get Ghostrecon 2 to work. I kept getting the black screen. All i had to do was write it at 2x or lower and it worked fine On a TDK dvd-r media.