1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems booting Swap Magic DVD disc on V4, booting backup on V9

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by juliel, Sep 9, 2004.

1. juliel

juliel Member

If this has been answered please (gently) direct me to the right place. . .

Just got Swap Magic. On my V4 PS2, the DVD Swap Magic disc just boots up to the screen where you choose the memory card or the disc, and keeps coming back here. ON my V9, it'll show the insert disc, then the blue border when I try to boot the backup I have (which might be bad for all I know), but then hangs on the black screen after.

Backup was burned using Mac OS and Toast 6, I created a disc image, then burned this image later.

Ideas? Thoughts?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what game?

3. juliel

juliel Member

Space Channel 5 right now. I don't want to burn anymore until I'm pretty sure I've got the burn procedure correct. And I checked the swap magic fixes page and didn't see anything on there about needing to do anything additional. . .

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

good, you know about swap magic fix. I'v never heard of that game, i'd say give a different game a shot. it sounds like you are burning it correctly. what brand medai are you using?

5. juliel

juliel Member

Ritek. . . I don't have anything else handy to burn right now is the thing. I really want to get the V4 working so I can take back the new one, and that one has the problem even before the game gets put in. . .

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

my v4 worked fine for a little while, but then stopped reading the swap magic dvd.

7. Krish_82

Krish_82 Guest

i have a v4 ps2 and i use swap magic dvd. my swap magic loads. sometimes no straight away but eventually it will load. stick to ritek g04 dvd-r for ur backups. thye work the best.