1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems burning after many successes

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by doelynn, Mar 9, 2005.

1. doelynn

doelynn Member

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I've been trying to burn hbo's Carnivale...I have successfully ripped it with dvd decrypter and encoded it with dvd shrink....but it just won't complete the burning process for me....I'm using maxell dvd-r as my media...and didn't seem to have a problem with other movies including Spongebob the movie...which is also new. Oh yes I'm using nero to burn...Please help me out any suggestions would be appreciated

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Did you burn to harddisk first?

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What do you mean it won't complete exactly? When does it stop? Are you getting any error messages? When you back it up with Shrink how are you saving it to the HD (ISO or Files)?

4. munchinuk

munchinuk Guest

maxell as you might have seen on the forums are not great media..can you say more about your set up?...especially if anythings running in background?..antivirus are the big culprit...but try to quit any other pragrams and dont use the comp while its finnished..did i say try better media? lol..all the best mate

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Ihave found Maxell disks to be very reliable especially if you get the Ritek, Ricoh, or TY's.

6. doelynn

doelynn Member

Thanks for the quick reply....ok...as you might already know I'm very new to this so I'm not all that technical. That being said....I'll give you a step by step of how I went about trying to burn a copy of Carnivale. First I used dvd decrypter to put the files on my hard drive. Then I ran it through dvd shrink and saved those files to the hard drive. I always disable and shut down my virus scanner and as many other programs that are running in the back ground that I can such as spy sweeper and a couple of others. I do this through task manager....then I pull up nero and use nero burning rom to burn...I usually run a simulation burn before I do an actual burn...and it goes through the simulation most of the time....but durning the burn process it fails and I end up with a coaster to match the others...I'm not sure what other info you need to know but if you ask I'm sure I can answer thanks for your help...oh...yes I'm not getting any error messages just that it fails during the burn process....

7. doelynn

doelynn Member

I did forget to mention that after trying to burn Carnivale a couple of times like this I tried another movie and presto no problems whatsoever so I thought it might have something to do with Carnivale itself...right now I'm taking your advice bbmayo I went to your website and I'm going to follow your instructions exactly using dvddecrypter and shrink and then decrypter again to try to burn this dvd...now if it works I'll let ya know...if it doesn't...haha..I'll let ya know.. thanks again

8. doelynn

doelynn Member

ok...I followed the directions on your page bbmayo and here's the error message I got when I went to burn...
    IO error
    SCsi Status0x02
    Interpertation Check Condition
    cdb 2a 00 00 02 99 00 00 00 20 00
    Interpertation: Write (10)-Sectors: 170240_170271
    Sense area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 00 2c 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpertation: Command Sequence Error...
    I hope you can help me out...

9. squizzle

squizzle Active member

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ok IMO I belive it is your media, but you have burned other movies fine.. So it may jsut be that the copy of Crnival you have is bad. If you are absolutly sure you can do other movies just fine then that is really all that is left... Right?

11. doelynn

doelynn Member

thanks for the reply....after reading half of the long ass post you recommended....I'm lost...but I'll keep reading and hopefully find the answer in there...somwhere...

12. doelynn

doelynn Member

I do have one more question....bbmayo...yes I think it's the dvd Carnivale...but I have the first 4 dvd's and the same thing happens with all of them...and yes...I have been successful since Carnivale...only because I had to try it and see if it would work with another dvd and it did....I will change my media though...won't be anytime soon because where I'm from it's tough to find the ones that have been mentioned on this site...but I will search for them. I was reading the post that goes on for days and I'd like to know what rezero with dvd decryptor means ...

13. doelynn

doelynn Member

thanks again for all your help...

14. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I'm just curious when exactly does the burn process quit working with these disk's? Have you tried burning with a different program besides Nero?

15. doelynn

doelynn Member

Sometimes it stops burning at maybe 7% ...and sometimes almost at the end of the burn....and no I haven't tried other burning software...just tried one of your guides on the page you sent in one of your replies....I tried burning an iso image with dvd decrypter...that didn't work and I put the error message up in one of the posts ...I thought I had other movies on the hard drive to burn to test but I don't...Nero is giving me a not dvd compliant message with everything I try now sooooooo I'm just going to leave it alone for the night and work on it again when I'm thinking clearly again. thanks again for your help

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This all points to media issues now.. try some different media..

17. doelynn

doelynn Member

Thank you....I will...and I'll let you know how it turned out

18. doelynn

doelynn Member

After all that.....the next day I tried again...and guess what....I burned all 4 of them without a problem but only after re-authoring ....I removed the menus and presto bravo...worked like a charm with...yes ..you heard it here...memorex..however...I will not be going through this again...learned my lesson and will be getting new media....I'm limited because I live in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia....but I have come across verbatum....if someone could suggest the best media to use....I'd appreciate it
    thanks again for all the help you all gave me

19. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

well I'm really glad to see you got it to work.. Maybe the old computer just needed a cool down? :)

Taiyo Yuden media is the best. There are a lot of places that sell them online just do a google for them..

Later

20. Rustol

Rustol Guest

Use DVD+R, it will work.