1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems burning bad boys

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by erikgeiss, Jun 8, 2004.

1. erikgeiss

erikgeiss Member

hello,

I tried to copy the movie bad boys, but it won't work. If I use DVDXCopy Platinum, the programs hangs when encoding. If I use DVD shrink, I get a copy protection error. If I use DVD Decrypter I also get the message that it can't crack the css code after more than 2 hours of trying. Does anyone have the same experience with this movie? This is the very first time I have this problem, and I've copied a lot of movies. Bad boys 2 wasn't a problem at all.

Can you help me?

WKR,
    Erik

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. smsmike

smsmike Regular member

For what it's worth, here is what I do when all else fails.

The program DVD Rescue has one of the best decryption/file readers that I have ever run across. It will worry a program to death until it finally reads it into a (VIDEO_TS) disk file on the Hard Drive. It also decrypts as it reads. So, even though this is going to make some folks cringe, all you really need to do is let Rescue WRITE the file to disk, then (quick like a bunny) access and re-name the file between the programs Read/Write routines OR, just reach around behind your machine and turn the power switch OFF. That locks the file on your drive. Either way, the end result is that, you have a clean copy of the DVD file on your hard drive. Now, use the RF version of X-Copy Express to write the program BACK to a blank disk. Simple as pie!

If you are still worried that you might have some of the original protection on the new disk, just run any of your tried and true decryption programs on the new disk and see for yourself. I have only found a few programs that X-Rescue failed to clean up totally on a single pass.

SMS Mike

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Try playing the movie for a few moments with your media player, pause it and then open your ripping program. This usually "unsticks" things.